The "Primary Cell Culture Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Primary Cells, Reagents & Supplements, Media), By Separation Method, By Cell Type, By Application, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2023-2030" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
A new report indicates that the global primary cell culture market is poised for substantial growth, with an expected value of USD 11.60 billion by 2030, and a remarkable CAGR of 13.19% during the forecast period.
The surge in demand for personalized and precision therapies is a driving force behind this growth. Primary cell culture, offering a closer emulation of human biology compared to traditional cell lines, has become indispensable for understanding disease mechanisms, advancing drug discovery, and facilitating therapeutic development. Researchers and pharmaceutical companies increasingly recognize the significance of primary cell culture in improving drug candidate success rates, reducing late-stage failures, and delivering more targeted treatments to patients.
Additionally, primary cell culture is playing a pivotal role in regenerative medicine, aiming to repair or replace damaged tissues and organs. It is instrumental in creating tissue constructs, organoids, and bioengineered implants that closely mimic native tissues' structure and function. These innovations hold profound implications for regenerative medicine therapies, including tissue transplantation, wound healing, and treating degenerative diseases. For example, Mount Sinai recently established a new institute for regenerative medicine in April 2023, dedicated to exploring novel therapies for life-threatening diseases. The growing interest and investment in regenerative medicine are propelling the growth of the primary cell culture market.
The COVID-19 pandemic has also had a significant impact on the primary cell culture industry. While the pandemic disrupted various sectors, it underscored the vital role of primary cell culture in comprehending viruses and developing treatments. Primary cells have been instrumental in studying SARS-CoV-2 infection mechanisms, testing antiviral therapies, and assessing vaccine efficacy. The pandemic's urgency has fueled the demand for primary cell culture products and services, with researchers worldwide focusing on COVID-19-related studies.
Moreover, key market players have initiated various developments, and industry-academia collaborations are further boosting the global market. For example, Bio-Trac and ATCC collaborated in January 2023 to conduct a training workshop providing an overview of primary cell culture principles, organoids, spheroids, and related cell culture techniques.
Notable Companies in the Market
- Merck KGaA
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Danaher Corporation
- PromoCell GmbH
- Corning Incorporated
- FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific
- Axol Bioscience Ltd
Key Market Highlights
- Reagent and Supplements Segment Dominates: In 2022, the reagent and supplements segment held a dominant share of 37.67%, owing to the availability of a wide range of high-quality reagents tailored for specific cell types and research applications.
- Enzymatic Degradation Leads in Separation Method: The enzymatic degradation segment led the market in 2022 with a share of 32.15%, attributed to its advantages, including minimal damage to cultures, short turnaround times, and high sample representation.
- Animal Cells Lead in Cell Types: In 2022, the animal cells segment dominated with a share of 59.41%, owing to the versatility, wide availability, and established research protocols for this cell type.
- Cell & Gene Therapy Development at the Forefront: The cell & gene therapy development segment commanded the market with a share of 39.45% in 2022, driven by the rapid growth of regenerative medicine and the escalating demand for personalized therapies.
- North America Holds Strong: North America secured a strong regional position in the global market with a 41.52% share in 2022, thanks to its highly developed healthcare infrastructure and favorable government policies.
|No. of Pages||150|
|Forecast Period||2022 - 2030|
|Estimated Market Value (USD) in 2022||$4.34 Billion|
|Forecasted Market Value (USD) by 2030||$11.6 Billion|
|Compound Annual Growth Rate||13.1%|
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1. Methodology and Scope
Chapter 2. Executive Summary
Chapter 3. Market Variables, Trends, & Scope
3.1. Market Lineage Outlook
3.1.1. Parent Market Outlook
3.1.2. Related/Ancillary Market Outlook
3.2. Market Dynamics
3.2.1. Market Driver Analysis
126.96.36.199. Rising Usage Of Primary Cell Culture Products In In-Vitro Testing And Drug Screening
188.8.131.52. Increasing Demand For Stem Cell Therapy And Regenerative Medicine
184.108.40.206. Rising Incidence Of Cancer And Other Chronic Diseases
220.127.116.11. Advancements In Genetic Engineering Protocols
18.104.22.168. Rise In Research Funding For Functional Biology And Research
3.2.2. Market Restraint Analysis
22.214.171.124. Ethical And Regulatory Concerns Related To The Use Of Primary Cells
126.96.36.199. Finite Lifespan, Slow Growth, And Difficulties In Handling Of Primary Cultures
3.3. Industry Analysis Tools
3.3.1. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.3.2. PESTEL Analysis
3.3.3. COVID-19 Impact Analysis
Chapter 4. Product Type Business Analysis
Chapter 5. Separation Method Business Analysis
Chapter 6. Cell Type Business Analysis
Chapter 7. Application Business Analysis
Chapter 8. Regional Business Analysis
Chapter 9. Competitive Landscape
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/ychjou
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./ CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900