Starting Saturday, holiday enthusiasts can enjoy original romantic holiday movies anytime they want some good cheer through the end of 2023 completely free
Redbox Romance Channel is available on the Redbox free streaming app, The Roku Channel, and LG TVs
Redbox, a Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment Company (NASDAQ: CSSE), today announced its Redbox Romance Free Ad-Supported Streaming Television (FAST) channel will begin streaming Christmas and holiday movies 24 hours a day starting this Saturday through New Year’s Day. Available on the Redbox free streaming app, the Roku Channel, and LG FAST services, the Redbox Romance Channel offers holiday enthusiasts over 75 original romantic movies with stars that include Henry Winkler, Lacey Chabert, and Kelly LeBrock.
Each month, a new selection of films will stream, including:
- The Most Wonderful Time of The Year - A single mother falls for a stranger her father brings home for the holiday season. However, he is unimpressed with her attitude towards Christmas. Starring Brooke Burns and Henry Winkler.
- The Tree That Saved Christmas – Struggling writer Annie Logan (Lacey Chabert) is devastated to learn that she won't be able to go home to the family tree farm in time for Christmas due to the demands of her high-powered boss. But when the tree farm is threatened with closure, Annie bids her life in New York goodbye and rushes home to save the place she has always called home.
- Country Christmas – Jeanette Williams is a busy single parent, trying to make the best life for her and her daughter. With no time to follow current celebrity gossip, Jeannette is unaware when a Country superstar retreats to his small town to escape the intrusive paparazzi. A chance meeting between the two have them both letting down their guard and opening their hearts to the possibility of romance. Starring Greyston Holt, Bea Santos, Deana Carter, Greg Vaughan, and Michelle Morgan.
- Dear Santa – A young woman who comes from a life of privilege falls for the owner of a soup kitchen after discovering a Dear Santa letter written by his seven-year-old daughter. Starring Amy Acker, David Haydn-Jones, and Emma Duke.
- A Prince for Christmas – Prince Duncan of Belmont goes incognito to the U.S. in search of true love to escape an arranged marriage because he doesn't want to marry the "complete stranger" his royal parents have chosen for him. While in America, he literally bumps into Emma, a waitress at a small-town diner. Together, each of their Christmases suddenly becomes considerably brighter. Starring Viva Bianca, Kirk Barker, Aaron O'Connell, Kelly LeBrock, and Maxwell Caulfield.
- A Christmas in Royal Fashion – Kristin Cooper, a talented assistant for a global PR firm, is put in charge of the annual Christmas fashion show. A handsome young royal, Prince Patrick, is sent to be the face of the family-co-sponsored event. Upon his arrival, Patrick meets Kristin and is instantly smitten with her, mistakenly thinking she is her boss, Melanie. While Patrick and Kristin's relationship grows, she wonders if Patrick would have still fallen for her if he knew she was an assistant and not the boss. Starring Cindy Busby, Diarmaid Murtagh, Adam Levy, Michael Paré, and Galyn Görg.
“There is a magic quality to these films which resonates with our audience, and we’re delighted to offer these from now through the end of the year on our Redbox Romance FAST channel,” said Phil Oppenheim, chief content officer of Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment.
About Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment
Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment (Nasdaq: CSSE) provides premium content to value-conscious consumers. The company is one of the largest advertising-supported video-on-demand (AVOD) companies in the US, with three flagship AVOD streaming services: Redbox, Crackle, and Chicken Soup for the Soul. In addition, the company operates Redbox Free Live TV, a free ad-supported streaming television service (FAST), with nearly 180 FAST channels as well as a transaction video on demand (TVOD) service, and a network of approximately 31,000 kiosks across the US for DVD rentals. To provide original and exclusive content to its viewers, the company creates, acquires, and distributes films and TV series through its Screen Media and Chicken Soup for the Soul TV Group subsidiaries. Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment is a subsidiary of Chicken Soup for the Soul, LLC, which publishes the famous book series and produces super-premium pet food under the Chicken Soup for the Soul brand name.
Forward-Looking Statements and Available Information
This press release includes forward-looking statements within the meaning of the federal securities laws. Forward-looking statements are statements that are not historical facts. These statements are based on various assumptions, whether or not identified in this press release, and on the current expectations of management and are not predictions of actual performance. Such assumptions involve a number of known and unknown risks and uncertainties, including but not limited to risks relating to our core strategy, operating income and margin, seasonality, liquidity, including cash flows from operations, available funds, and access to financing sources, free cash flows, revenues, net income, profitability, stock price volatility, future regulatory changes, price changes, ability to achieve and sustain market acceptance of our content streaming services and other content offerings, ability to recruit and retain officers, key employees, or directors, ability to protect our intellectual property, ability to complete and integrate into our existing operations future strategic acquisitions, ability to manage growth, ability to pay dividends and our debt obligations, as well as evolving regulatory or other operational risks, and risks presented by changing general market conditions impacting demand for our services. For a more complete description of these and other risks and uncertainties, please refer to Item 1A (Risk Factors) in the Company’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2022 filed with the SEC on March 31, 2023. If any of these risks materialize or our assumptions prove incorrect, actual results could differ materially from the results implied by the forward-looking statements contained in this press release. Information regarding the acquisition of Redbox and related transactions is qualified by reference to the Company’s Current Reports on Form 8-K filed with the SEC on May 11, 2022 as amended May 12, 2022, June 6, 2022, August 12, 2022, November 14, 2022 and thereafter from time to time, and all exhibits filed with respect to such reports. The forward-looking statements contained in this press release speak only as of the date hereof and the Company expressly disclaims any obligation or undertaking to release publicly any updates or revisions to any forward-looking statements contained herein to reflect any change in the Company’s expectations with respect thereto or any change in events, conditions or circumstances on which any statement is based.