Arcosa, Inc. (NYSE: ACA) (“Arcosa,” the “Company,” “We,” or “Our”), a provider of infrastructure-related products and solutions, today released its 2021 Sustainability Report.
Arcosa is committed to integrating Environmental, Social, and Governance (“ESG”) responsibility into our daily practices and long-term strategies. In support of that commitment, we have released our 2021 Sustainability Report, which can be found at www.arcosa.com/sustainability. The report highlights the foundational elements of the sustainability programs at Arcosa, including people-focused programs and initiatives; emissions targets; environmental metrics, disclosures, and conservation initiatives; and the products that align us with a more sustainable future.
Antonio Carrillo, President and Chief Executive Officer, notes, “2021 was a productive year for Arcosa, highlighted by strategic actions that further strengthened our resiliency and better positioned our portfolio for sustainable, long-term growth. Building on the foundation we laid over the previous two years, Environmental, Social and Governance is becoming part of our daily conversations within Arcosa.”
Carrillo continued, “I am pleased to share with you Arcosa’s 2021 Sustainability Report, highlighting the many ways Arcosa and our people are working to lay a foundation for a more sustainable future.”
Highlights from our annual sustainability report include:
- Safety: With the safety of our people as our highest priority, Arcosa team members achieved a 60% reduction in our Total Recordable Incident Rate (“TRIR”) since 2019. Our ARC 100 safety culture initiative continues to drive a positive and proactively engaged culture of safety excellence and enhances safety progress and awareness across Arcosa.
- Sustainability Reporting: Building on our prior disclosures, Arcosa provided expanded commentary on climate-related impacts in line with the Financial Stability Board’s Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (“TCFD”) with supporting Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (“SASB”) metrics.
- Greenhouse Gas (“GHG”) Emissions: In 2021, Arcosa’s Scope 1 and 2 GHG emissions intensity (MTC02e/$ Million Revenues) declined by 9% compared to 2020 and 20% compared to our 2019 baseline. We also reaffirmed our commitment to environmental responsibility by establishing an initial, short-term Scope 1 and 2 GHG emissions intensity reduction goal.
- Water Management: We reduced our municipal water intensity (kGal/$ Million Revenues) by 23% during 2021, 35% below our 2019 baseline.
- Inclusion and Diversity: During 2021, a team of Arcosa employees established the Company’s first employee resource group (“ERG”), WE~AR: Women of Arcosa. This group is committed to an inclusive environment that supports and encourages women to connect, mentor and develop personally and professionally.
- Board Diversity: During 2021, we also expanded the diversity of our Board of Directors by adding two new female directors, increasing gender and ethnic diversity to 50%.
- Employee Engagement: Arcosa launched an inaugural Cultural Climate Employee Engagement Survey. With a 72% response rate and over 2,200 comments received, we consider this a solid foundation for understanding the needs of our employees.
- Community Impact: We include various stories highlighting examples of the exceptional ways our businesses and employees supported local communities throughout 2021.
Arcosa, Inc., headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is a provider of infrastructure-related products and solutions with leading positions in construction, engineered structures, and transportation markets. Arcosa reports its financial results in three principal business segments: the Construction Products segment, the Engineered Structures segment, and the Transportation Products segment. For more information, visit www.arcosa.com.