Discover today released its complete 5% Cashback Bonus® Calendar for 2022 to help cardmembers plan their spending and earn rewards. In addition to categories in which cardmembers can earn on everyday purchases, like Grocery Stores and Gas Stations, Discover added Fitness Club & Gym Memberships from January through March, expanded to both in-store and online purchases at Target from April through June, and added Digital Wallets from October through December.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20211101005461/en/
Discover's 5% Cashback Bonus Calendar for 2022 (Graphic: Business Wire)
“The Discover 5% Cashback Bonus program is designed to reward cardmembers for everyday purchases at all the different places they shop. We’re excited to again share this year’s categories – which continue to be based on cardmember feedback and use,” said Geeta Chandan, Vice President, Rewards and Product Strategy at Discover. “Coming out of the pandemic, we know consumers are looking forward to both in-store and online shopping and are ready to get back into their gyms and fitness routines. The evolution of this year’s categories aligns with the broader shifts in spending we’ve seen over the past year and a half.”
Here is a look at Discover’s 2022 rewards categories1, and the new additions cardmembers can look forward to in 2022:
- Quarter 1, January – March: Grocery Stores and Fitness Club & Gym Memberships2: New in 2022, the added Fitness Club & Gym Memberships category will apply to a range of fitness centers across the country from well-known national chains to local gyms, as well as in-person gym memberships.
- Quarter 2, April – June: Gas Stations and Target3: Discover increased the Target offering this year. Now, cardmembers can earn 5% on purchases made online, and in-store, allowing cardmembers more options when shopping for everyday essentials.
- Quarter 3, July – September: Restaurants and PayPal4: From dining-in to ordering out, Discover helps cardmembers satisfy their craving for flavor and rewards.
- Quarter 4, October – December: Amazon.com and Digital Wallets5: Cardmembers will earn 5% back every time they use their Discover it card to make a purchase through Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay or Garmin Pay, regardless of retailer. Coupled with Amazon.com, cardmembers have an endless amount of opportunities to find the perfect holiday gift, while earning 5% cash back.
Each quarter, Discover it® and Discover More® cardmembers can activate to earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in purchases (maximum $75 cash back) at a variety of places without any annual fee6. In addition to earning 5% cash back on everyday purchases at different places each quarter, Discover it cardmembers earn unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases, automatically. And first-year cardmembers will receive an unlimited dollar-for-dollar match of all of the cash back they earn at the end of their first year automatically7.
To learn more about the Discover 5% Cashback Bonus program visit www.discover.com/5.
Discover Financial Services (NYSE: DFS) is a digital banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. Since its inception in 1986, the company has become one of the largest card issuers in the United States. The company issues the Discover card, America's cash rewards pioneer, and offers private student loans, personal loans, home loans, checking and savings accounts and certificates of deposit through its banking business. It operates the Discover Global Network comprised of Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the nation's leading ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance around the world. For more information, visit www.discover.com/company.
1. Applies to all categories: Purchases must be made with merchants in the U.S. To qualify for 5%, the purchase transaction date must be before or on the last day of the offer or promotion. For online purchases, the transaction date from the merchant may be the date when the item ships. Rewards are added to your account within two billing periods. Even if a purchase appears to fit in a 5% category, the merchant may not have a merchant category code (MCC) in that category. Merchants and payment processors are assigned an MCC based on their typical products and services. Discover Card does not assign MCCs to merchants. Certain third-party payment accounts and digital wallet transactions may not earn 5% if the technology does not provide sufficient transaction details or a qualifying MCC. Learn more at Discover.com/digitalwallets. See Cashback Bonus Program Terms and Conditions for more information.
2. Activate to earn 5% Cashback Bonus at Grocery Stores (stand-alone) and Fitness Club & Gym Memberships from 1/1/22 (or the date on which you activate 5%, whichever is later) through 3/31/22, on up to $1,500 in purchases. Grocery Store purchases include those made at supermarkets, meat lockers, bakeries, smaller grocery stores, and grocery delivery services. All purchases made at Walmart, Target, convenience stores, wholesale clubs, discount stores, and supercenters are not eligible. Fitness Club & Gym Memberships include membership fees and purchases at health clubs. Athletic or recreation facilities may be eligible. Virtual and in-person fitness classes may be eligible. Individual merchants and stand-alone stores within fitness clubs, gyms, athletic or recreation facilities may not be eligible in this category.
3. Activate to earn 5% Cashback Bonus at Gas Stations (stand-alone) and Target from 4/1/22 (or the date on which you activate 5%, whichever is later) through 6/30/22, on up to $1,500 in purchases. Gas Station purchases include those made at merchants classified as places that sell automotive gasoline that can be bought at the pump or inside the station. Gas Stations affiliated with supermarkets, supercenters, and wholesale clubs may not be eligible. Target purchases include those made at Target.com, through the Target app, or in-store at Target. Purchases from individual merchants and stand-alone stores within physical Target locations may not be eligible for this promotion. Purchases made online or through the Target app from Target affiliates, individual merchants or stand-alone stores may not be eligible for this promotion, including, but not limited to, targetoptical.com and targetphoto.com. Target and the Bullseye Design are registered trademarks of Target Brands, Inc. Listed merchants are in no way sponsoring or affiliated with this program.
4. Activate to earn 5% Cashback Bonus at Restaurants and PayPal from 7/1/22 (or the date on which you activate 5%, whichever is later) through 9/30/22, on up to $1,500 in purchases. Restaurant purchases include those made at merchants classified as full-service restaurants, cafes, cafeterias, fast-food locations, and restaurant delivery services. PayPal eligible purchases are made through the PayPal wallet online, money transfers via PayPal using your card, and point-of-sale transactions using PayPal Here. Payments made through Xoom transfer services are not eligible for 5%. Using PayPal on restaurant purchases will only earn a total of 5%. PayPal and the PayPal logo are trademarks of PayPal or its Affiliates. Listed merchants are in no way sponsoring or affiliated with this program.
5. Activate to earn 5% Cashback Bonus at Amazon.com and Digital Wallets from 10/1/22 (or the date on which you activate 5%, whichever is later) through 12/31/22, on up to $1,500 in purchases. Amazon.com purchases include those made through the Amazon.com checkout, like digital downloads, Amazon.com gift cards, Amazon Fresh orders, Amazon Local Deals, Amazon Prime subscriptions and items sold by third party merchants through Amazon.com’s marketplace. Also includes in-store at Amazon Go, Amazon Bookstore, and Amazon 4-Star. The Amazon.com logo and the smile logo are trademarks of Amazon or its Affiliates. Digital Wallet purchases include those made online and in-store with your smartphone, tablet, or wearable. Wallets that qualify include Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, and Garmin Pay. Using digital wallets to make purchases on Amazon.com will only earn a total of 5%. Listed merchants are in no way sponsoring or affiliated with this program.
6. Discover it® Pricing: 0% intro APR for purchases and balance transfers for 14 months, then variable 11.99% - 22.99% APR applies. Cash advance APR variable 24.99%. Pricing as of October 29, 2021 and is subject to change. Call 1-800-DISCOVER or visit Discover.com for details about credit costs & terms.
7. Cashback Match: We’ll match all the cash back rewards you’ve earned on your credit card from the day your new account is approved through your first 12 consecutive billing periods or 365 days, whichever is longer, and add it to your rewards account within two billing periods. You’ve earned cash back rewards only when they’re processed, which may be after the transaction date. We will not match: rewards that are processed after your match period ends; statement credits; rewards transfers from Discover checking or other deposit accounts; or rewards for accounts that are closed. This promotional offer may not be available in the future and is exclusively for new cardmembers. No purchase minimums.
DISCOVER REVEALS FULL 5% CASHBACK BONUS® CALENDAR FOR 2022