British nationals can apply for an ESTA, which stands for Electronic System for Travel Authorization, as part of the Visa Waiver Program. The US ESTA for UK nationals is a visa waiver program that allows holders to enter the US without a visa. British citizens must have an ESTA travel permit to visit the United States without a visa for holiday, business, or transit. The United Kingdom is one of the countries that can apply for an ESTA. By registering with the US Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA), British travellers to the United States can bypass the inconvenience of applying for a visa. ESTA was established in 2009 to process data from tourists who entered the US via the Visa Waiver Program (VWP). The data is used to establish if a visitor poses a security or immigration risk to the United States. Applicants must meet the US ESTA standards for British citizens in order to obtain this travel permit. An approved ESTA allows British nationals to visit the United States for up to 90 days for tourist, business, transit, medical, or short-term study. You must apply for a B1 business visa or a B2 tourist visa if you intend to stay in the United States for more than 90 days. British nationals with a valid ESTA can visit the United States many times. An approved ESTA is valid for two years or until your passport expires. If your ESTA expires, you will need to apply for a new one permit. The ESTA application form for UK citizens is quick and easy to fill out. Be sure to apply for an ESTA online before traveling to the United States to ensure you are eligible to enter the country.
US ESTA Requirements for British Citizens
- A passport that is valid for at least 6 months after your planned departure from the United States.
- A valid credit or debit card or PayPal account to pay for the ESTA America Visa.
- A valid email address, to receive the ESTA America Visa in their inbox.
WHAT IS A U.S. VISA?
The American B1/B2 visa is an actual visa that is placed in one of the pages of your passport. This visa is for visitors coming to the United States for either tourist or business purposes.
Who requires an Immigrant Visa?
Everyone who want to live and/or work permanently in the United States must first get an immigrant visa.
Do I need ESTA US Visa?
Travelers entering the United States for business, transit, or tourism must get a US ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization) beginning in January 2009. Visa-free or visa-exempt countries are those that do not require a paper visa to enter the United States. With an ESTA, citizens of these countries can travel/visit the United States for up to 90 days.
When will the ESTA US Visa expire? The US ESTA visa is valid for up to two years from the date of issuance or until the expiration date of the passport, whichever comes first.
What is the difference between single entry and multiple entry visa?
A single entry visa is only good for one trip to the United States. A multiple visa entry visa enables a person to depart and return to the United States on the same visa within a specific time frame.
Here are some steps to apply for a US visa online:
- Additionally, select Create a new application.
- Choose whether you want a group visa or an individual visa.
- After carefully reading the terms & conditions, click Next.
- Fill out the form and upload your passport to apply for a US visa online.
- Upload the supporting papers you need.
- Pay the processing fee for your visa.
- Finally, your online US visa application is finished. Please wait while we confirm your visa.
Eligibility Criteria for US Visa
- The applicant must have a passport that is valid for a period of at least 6 months from the period of entering the United States
- The applicant must not have any prior criminal cases or any ongoing cases against them
- The applicant will need to have letter of acceptance from any university in which they wish to study or letter of confirmation by an employer if the visit is of a business nature
- Applicants must have return tickets to show they intend on leaving the United States according to the dates they have mentioned and validate the duration of stay
- Applicants should show strong ties to resident country to offset chances of illegal immigration
- Dependents or spouses traveling with the applicants will need to have separate visa applications
The processing period for a US visa application is heavily dependent on the type of visa you are attempting to obtain. While temporary nonimmigrant visas can be obtained in a matter of weeks or months, immigrant visas might take years to obtain. It is difficult to give a clear response to how long it takes for an application to be examined because the US government assesses each applicant on a case-by-case basis, in the order in which they are received. A US visa application takes between 3 and 5 weeks to process. Following processing, the applicant will receive a positive response to their application, and the document will be sent by the consulate. The visa can take up to two additional workdays to be delivered.
Swedish nationals can apply for an ESTA, or Electronic System for Travel Authorization, through the Visa Waiver Program. Sweden is one of more than 35 countries whose citizens are eligible to use the US ESTA, a simplified method for acquiring a visa without one. ESTA was established in 2009 to process information from passengers entering the United States under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP). The data is used to establish if a visitor poses a security or immigration risk to the United States. Swedish nationals with a valid ESTA can travel to the United States for up to 90 days for leisure, business, transit, medical treatment, or short-term education. If you plan to stay in the US for more than 90 days, you must apply for a B1 business visa or a B2 tourist visa. Swedish nationals can visit the United States several times with a granted ESTA. An approved ESTA is valid for two years or until your passport expires. If your ESTA expires, you will need to apply for a new authorization. Swedish citizens wishing to apply for ESTA must meet the required ESTA requirements. Travellers can apply for an ESTA online in less than 15 minutes, have it delivered to an email address and enjoy a hassle-free and convenient experience.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR CITIZENS OF SWEDISH
- A Swedish passport, which must be valid between the date of arrival and departure in the United States
- You can use a Debit or credit card to pay for the processing fee
- A Valid email address to receive the approved ESTA in their Inbox.
- Documents to state your purpose of travel.
- A complete scan of the information page on the passport will need to be uploaded.
Company Name: USA Visa Official
Contact Person: Populous Thomas Watson
Email: Send Email
Phone: +30 21 0721 6227
Address:No.3, Kleanthous street